This tasty slow cooker apple cobbler is topped with a simple cake mix that you can easily whip up with just four ingredients.
You can eat this tasty dessert just on its own or with some delicious extras such as vanilla ice cream, custard or even some heavy cream. It’s totally up to you, but there is a ton of extras that goes great with a slow cooker dessert.
This dish is great if you need to use up some apples as you need quite a few of them. You can use any type of apple, but for the best results, a stewing or baking apple will work best. Just a couple you can try is Jonagold or McIntosh.
If this dish is looking like a bit too much work, then you should look at something like a dump cake for the slow cooker. It’s much like this dish but so much easier, and if you’re looking for an apple dish, then there is an apple dump cake you can try.
If you love watching how to make a recipe, then the video below will take you through everything you need to do to make this delicious dish. If you need more information on this recipe, then you can find the full written recipe and cooking tips right underneath the video.
Slow Cooker Apple Cobbler Recipe
4 Hours & 15 Minutes
- 5 cups apples, large cubes
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp. nutmeg, ground
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 & 1/4 cups milk
- 60g (2 oz.) butter, melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a bowl, mix together the self-rising flour, sugar, milk, butter, and salt. Try to avoid lumps by slowly mixing in the milk and butter.
- Add the apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg in the slow cooker and mix together.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the cake is cooked and the apples are tender.
- Serve & Enjoy
- As I mentioned above, try and use a stewing apple for the best result. However, any type of apple should work out fine.
- You can use some tinned apple instead, but the base will be a lot gooier. This change will make it even easier to make this delicious slow cooked apple cobbler.
- For a bit of extra flavor, you can add some nutmeg and cinnamon into the cake mix. This variation will give you a lovely spiced cake on the top of the tender apples.
This dessert is so good, but you might be wondering how it might impact your diet. If this is the case, then you can find all the nutritional information you need right below. Please keep in mind this is only estimated so it may not be perfect.
Another dessert you should try out is the delicious apple crisp. Rather than having a cake topping it has a crunchy oat topping. It’s ideal if you’re a huge fan of apple-based desserts.
This tasty slow cooker apple cobbler cooked out to be so good for me and I hope that it does for you too. If you have some feedback, tips or anything else, then feel free to leave to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook!