A slow cooker apricot dump cake is one delicious dessert that you need to try. One of the best things about this cake is how easy it is to make and get cooking in no time at all.
Apricots are an excellent fruit to use in a slow cooker dump cake. You can use fresh, frozen or even tinned apricots. Personally, I tend to use tinned as they cook to be soft, flavorsome, and work perfectly with the cake mix.
There are hundreds of ways you can serve this apricot dump cake. My personal favorite is to have it with a drizzle of some hot custard. Other extras you can have include ingredients like ice cream, heavy cream, or even melted chocolate.
Leftovers of this cake are pretty good the next day. I recommend heating it up in the microwave before eating, but you can also have it cold. It’s pretty much up to you how you have any leftovers of this delicious cake.
If you love to see how to make a dish visually, then be sure to check out the video below. If you prefer written recipes, then you can find one right underneath the video. Alternatively, you can pick up our digital slow cooker cookbook that has over 110 recipes.
Slow Cooker Apricot Dump Cake Recipe
- 400g (14 oz.) apricots, drained
- 400g (14. oz.) yellow cake mix
- 110g (4 oz.) unsalted butter, cubed
- In a slow cooker, add the drained apricots and top with the yellow cake mix.
- Scatter the butter on top of the cake mix.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- The apricots shouldn’t need any additional sugar added to them unless you like your slow cooker desserts super sweet.
- You can use fresh, tinned or even frozen apricots in this dessert. I prefer something easy like the tinned apricots.
- You can try using a different type of cake mix. For example, if you wanted chocolate and apricot, then you can use a chocolate cake mix instead.
Like most desserts, this dish isn’t super great for your waistline. If you want to know the nutritional information for this tasty dessert, then you can find it right below.
Please keep in mind that this doesn’t take into account any extras that you might have with it such as ice cream.
There are many other dump cakes that you can do in the slow cooker. For example, something like the peach dump cake is yet another super easy dessert you can do. They’re perfect if you’re low on time and need something delicious fast.
I hope that you enjoy this slow cooker apricot dump cake. I highly recommend that if you like this recipe that you check out our other dump cakes. I also welcome any feedback so be sure to leave a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.