This incredible three ingredient slow cooker pineapple dump cake is yet another great sweet dish that you can easily whip up.
By the time this simple cake has finished cooking you will have a delicious cake mix with bits of flavor packed pineapple throughout it. It’s an absolute must try if you’re a fan of pineapple flavored desserts.
For the best results, I highly recommend that you use pineapple pieces. You’re able to use crushed pineapple as well, but I find that it doesn’t turn out nearly as nice.
This cake goes great with some warm custard or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It just comes down to what you feel like having. To be completely honest, this cake is pretty amazing on its own.
Like most dump cakes that you can do in the slow cooker, the leftovers are well worth keeping. Just keep them stored in the fridge or freezer until you’re feeling hungry. It should last up to 3-4 days if stored correctly in the refrigerator.
This pineapple dump cake is a super easy dessert recipe, but if you would like to see it done visually, then I have prepared a video below. It’s super short as there isn’t much to this dish.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Dump Cake
2 Hours & 5 Minutes
- Add the pineapple pieces to the slow cooker and top with yellow cake mix. Lastly, scatter the butter over the top.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy
- Using different cake mixes will result in a different style of cake. If you want to experiment, then you can try using a chocolate cake mix instead.
- You shouldn’t need to add any more liquid as the butter, and the pineapple will provide enough.
- As I mentioned above, you’re able to use a different type of pineapple such as crushed. The result will be different, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be tasty.
- You can cook this on low, but the result might be slightly different. Just make sure you cook it for longer as 2 hours might not be long enough.
Pineapple and cake mix is probably not the healthiest combination but for anyone who would like to know what they’re about to eat you can find the nutritional information below.
As I mention on most of my recipes, this nutritional information is a rough estimate as I calculated it using an online tool.
There are quite a few dump cakes that you’re able to try out in the slow cooker. If you like this one, then you should certainly give the chocolate and cherry dump cake a try. It’s rich in chocolate with gooey cherries scattered throughout it.
This slow cooker pineapple dump cake was certainly delicious for me so I hope that you find the same. If you have any feedback, tips or anything else, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook.