This slow cooker chicken curry pie is packed with vegetables and has a delicious creamy flavor-packed curry sauce.
You will find the sauce of this pie to be packed full of flavor thanks to the curry powder, chicken stock, and coconut cream. The vegetables will not only add a ton of flavor but also a nice variety of color making the pie visually appealing.
Much like the curried sausages, you can also eat this pie filling just on its own without any pastry. You can even cook some rice to go with it, and some naan will work great on the side. It is excellent if you want some curry chicken but not the actual pie pastry.
The pie itself is great on its own, or you can have it with some sides. I found a good side of chips or sweet potato fries works well with this chicken curry pie. If you want to be a little healthier, then try something like some blanched green beans or broccoli.
A great option if you’re looking at making this pie as easy as possible is to use a pie maker. These appliances make pie making so much easier and can make up to four pies at once. I prefer to make them handmade, but it can be time-consuming.
The video below will take you through the few steps to making this slow cooker curry chicken pie. Alternatively, you will find a super handy written recipe right underneath the video.
Slow Cooker Curry Chicken Pie Recipe
8 Hours & 15 Minutes
8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- 1kg (2.2 lb) chicken thigh, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. water
- Puff pastry
- Egg, beaten
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, curry powder, and chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Mix into the slow cooker along with the coconut cream.
- Cook for 15 minutes on high or until thickened.
- Add the curried chicken pie filling into prepared pie tins and cover with puff pastry. Brush lightly with an egg wash.
- Bake in an oven at 200°C (390°F) or until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can use any cut of chicken in this dish. For example, you can replace the chicken thigh with chicken breast instead.
- If you would love to add even more color and flavor to the pie filling, then consider adding some peas or corn. If you're adding peas, then add these towards the end of cooking if you wish them to stay nice and green.
- If you need to bulk the pie filling out a bit, then some cubed sweet potato or pumpkin works great in this filling. By the time it’s ready for the pie cases the extra chunks of vegetable will be soft and packed with flavor.
This chicken curry pie is absolutely delicious, but you might be wondering how it will impact your diet. If this is the case, then you can find all the information you need right below.
Please keep in mind that if you have any extras such as chips, then you will need to add these to your nutritional calculations.
This chicken curry pie has got to be one of my favorite pies, but there are many other pies you can cook in the slow cooker. If you’re looking for something a little beefier, then try the beef and mushroom pie filling. It’s certainly hearty and will please any good pie lover.
I do hope that this slow cooker chicken curry pie cooks to be as delicious as it was for me. If you have some thoughts, tips or anything else, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
I use a 5.5L/6 Quart slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker then you might need to adjust the ingredients.
Get all our super delicious slow cooker recipes in our quality slow cooker cookbook.