Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Curry Chicken Pie Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time 8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1kg (2.2 lb) chicken thigh, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, curry powder, and chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Mix into the slow cooker along with the coconut cream.
- Cook for 15 minutes on high or until thickened.
- Add the curried chicken pie filling into prepared pie tins and cover with puff pastry. Brush lightly with an egg wash.
- Bake in an oven at 200°C (390°F) or until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can use any cut of chicken in this dish. For example, you can replace the chicken thigh with chicken breast instead.
- If you would love to add even more color and flavor to the pie filling, then consider adding some peas or corn. If you're adding peas, then add these towards the end of cooking if you wish them to stay nice and green.
- If you need to bulk the pie filling out a bit, then some cubed sweet potato or pumpkin works great in this filling. By the time it’s ready for the pie cases, the extra chunks of vegetables will be soft and packed with flavor.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!