This recipe shows you how you can make slow cooker brownies from scratch. They come out to be amazing and gooey and go really well with some vanilla ice cream.
With these brownies, you can add some extra chocolate chips if you want some extra gooey bits of chocolate. If you really want to be creative, you can add white chocolate chips so you end up with a double chocolate brownie that you would please any chocolate lover.
Like most desserts you cook in the slow cooker this will only need a few hours to have it ready for eating. You will need to keep this in mind when you’re timing what time you want to eat.
The chocolate lava cake for the slow cooker is also perfect if you’re a huge fan of rich chocolate desserts. The best thing is that you can easily just scoop straight out of the slow cooker and on to your plate.
This brownie can be stored in the fridge and simply reheated whenever you need it. It should last about a week (maybe longer) if stored correctly. If it smells or looks off, then just discard it.
If you want to see how to do this recipe, then be sure to check out the video below. It goes through all the steps to making this amazing snack or dessert in the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Brownie Recipe
5 Hours & 15 Minutes
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (Unsweetened), sifted
- 1 & ½ cups Plain Flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips extra (Optional)
- Line a slow cooker with foil. Lightly grease the foil with butter or spray oil.
- In a microwaveable bowl, add the butter and 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Place the bowl into a microwave and heat for about 1 minute or until the chocolate is melted.
- Mix in the eggs until well combined.
- Mix in the sugar, cocoa powder, plain flour, vanilla, extra chocolate chips, and salt.
- Pour in the prepared slow cooker and cook on low for about 4 hours.
- Allow to cool in the slow cooker for about 1 hour before slicing into pieces.
- Alternatively, if you’re eating it warm then simply serve straight from the slow cooker.
- The foil will help prevent the outside of the brownie from burning while allowing it to cook correctly. It will also mean you don’t need to clean your slow cooker once you're finished cooking.
- If you like a bit of crunch in your brownies, then you can try adding some chopped walnuts. Simply mix these at the same time as all the dry ingredients.
- All slow cookers cook at different temperatures so you may find that you need more or less time. I will personally check at the 3-hour mark if you know your slow cooker typically cooks hot.
These slow cooker brownies might be super delicious, but you also might be wondering how much calories is in a single brownie. If so, you can find all the information you need below. It assumes the average slice is 35g/1oz, this will of course change if you alter the recipe in any way.
You can also cook a brownie in a mug, and it’s super delicious. It is perfect if you only need to cook for one and want something sweet & delicious fast.
If you have cooked up these slow cooker brownies and would love to leave your thoughts, feedback or any variations then be sure to leave a comment below.
Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. If you have a smaller or larger slow cooker, then you might need to adjust the ingredients.