Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time: 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 2 kg (4.4 lb) sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
- 60 g (2.1 oz) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Add the sweet potatoes, chicken stock, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
- Mash the sweet potato until nice and smooth. Slowly mix in the butter and sour cream.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can add a tablespoon or two of brown sugar if you like a bit of sweetness to your mashed sweet potato.
- Chicken stock can be replaced with vegetable stock or even water. Keep in mind, if you use water, then you will lose quite a bit of flavor and will need to add a bit more salt.
- You can leave out the sour cream and use something like milk for a healthier mash. If you use milk, then make sure you adjust accordingly, you will probably only need a quarter cup of milk.
- I like how the seasonings are currently, but feel free to adjust them so that this recipe is better suited for your taste buds. For example, the cinnamon and nutmeg are both optional.
- You can also do regular mashed potatoes in the slow cooker. It works incredibly well and is perfect when you need to cook in bulk.
- If you're worried about the mash being too runny, then drain the liquid from the slow cooker. Once you start to mash the sweet potato, you can slowly add the liquid back in until you get the consistency you want.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!