Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Ham & Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time: 8 Hours & 10 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 6 bread rolls
- 250 g (8.8 oz) ham, sliced
- 250 g (8.8 oz) cheese slices
- 115 g (4.1 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Cut the bread rolls in half and place the bottom halves in the slow cooker.
- Add a layer of cheese slices on top of the bread rolls. Next, layer the ham across the cheese then finish off with another layer of cheese.
- Place the top halves of the bread rolls on top of each of the bottom halves.
- In a bowl, mix the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, and the onion powder together.
- Evenly pour the liquid over the top of the sandwiches.
- Cook on high for 1 to 2 hours or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you want the sandwiches a little crispier, then you can place them in a broiler for a couple of minutes. This method will get the top nice and crisp.
- You can keep these sandwiches warm by setting the slow cooker to the warm setting. Perfect if you don’t think all the sandwiches will get eaten straight away.
- The cheese that you use is entirely up to you. I prefer cheddar cheese, but other types such as Swiss or provolone will work just as well.
- If you have some leftover sloppy joes, you can use this instead of the ham. It will make quite a delicious sandwich.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!