Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time 6 Hours & 45 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 750g (1.6 lb) cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1L (1 qt) chicken stock
- 250ml (8.5 fl oz) cream
- 500g (1.1 lb) cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a slow cooker, add the onion, garlic, mustard, cauliflower, and chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Puree the soup using a food processor or stick blender.
- Once smooth, add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in the cream.
- Season to taste using salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes or until the soup is hot.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Much like most recipes for the slow cooker, you can also make this over the stove. Perfect if you want to try this recipe but running low on time.
- You can easily replace the type of stock that I use in this recipe. For example, vegetable or beef stock are both excellent alternatives.
- If you like your soups chunky, then you can skip on blitzing the soup or just blitz it slightly. You may need to thicken it using a mixture of cornstarch and water.
- You can use either fresh or frozen cauliflower and still get a great result. I highly recommend fresh if you’re able to buy it locally.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!