Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Carrot and Ginger Soup Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time: 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 50 g (1.8 oz) ginger, peeled & sliced
- 1 l (1.1 qt) chicken stock
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) cream
- Add all the ingredients except for the cream into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Puree the soup until it is smooth.
- Stir in the cream.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The cream can be replaced with coconut cream instead. Alternatively, you can just leave it out completely.
- If the soup is too thin for you, then you can thicken it using cornstarch. Mix a tablespoon or two of cornstarch with water and then pour it into the slow cooker. Heat for roughly half an hour to thicken.
- You can make this soup vegetarian-friendly by replacing the chicken stock with vegetable stock and replacing the cream with coconut cream.
- For a bit of meat in the soup, I recommend some shredded chicken. Roughly about two cups should be more than enough.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!