Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker BBQ Meatballs Recipe
- Prep time 30 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time 6 Hours & 45 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 500g (17.5 oz) ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 180g (6.4 oz) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 500ml (16 fl oz) BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
To make this recipe gluten-free, simply make sure you use some gluten-free breadcrumbs and gluten-free BBQ sauce.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Now form the beef mixture into meatballs, I use roughly two tablespoons for each meatball.
- In a pan over high heat, fry the meatballs, so they’re lightly browned. Once done, put to the side.
- In the slow cooker, add the garlic, BBQ sauce, and honey. Stir to combine.
- Next, add the meatballs and coat in the BBQ sauce.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- There are lots of changes that you can make to the sauce to make it more to your liking. I love the current lineup of ingredients, but feel free to tweak it.
- You can swap the homemade meatballs for frozen meatballs instead. This substitution will make this recipe radically easier.
- The ground beef can be swapped for a different meat such as ground chicken or pork.
- A homemade BBQ sauce is an excellent alternative to the store-bought varieties.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!