Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 12 Hours
- Total time: 12 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) beef brisket
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker except the beef. Mix until well combined.
- Add the beef and baste with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 12 hours.
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker and place it to the side.
- Gently remove the fat from the beef, discard the fat.
- Shred the remaining meat by using two forks.
- Add the shredded beef back into the slow cooker.
- Serve & enjoy.
- I recommend using the BBQ sauce that you like the most. If you have some spare time, you should consider making your own homemade BBQ sauce.
- If the meat is not pulling apart, then it may require more time in the slow cooker. I recommend sticking to the twelve hours in the slow cooker for the best result.
- You may need to skim off excess oil from the top of the sauce. I use a ladle as it is easier to separate the oil from the rest of the sauce.
- Thicken the sauce with a combination of cornstarch and a bit of water if you find it too runny.
- This dish is gluten-free, but to be sure, double-check the ingredients in your BBQ sauce and Worcestershire sauce. You may need to find gluten-free varieties.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!