Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe
- Prep time 30 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time 8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 500g (1.1 lb) ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 800g (1.7 lb) diced tomatoes
- 400g (0.8 lb) kidney beans
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 red chili, diced
- In a frying pan over high heat, cook the ground turkey.
- Once browned, drain the excess fluid and transfer it to a slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The beans can be left out of the recipe if you don’t like them. Some chunky diced carrots are an excellent alternative to beans, especially if you want a decent no bean chili. It's also perfect if you're going to make it Paleo friendly.
- Frying the turkey will help reduce the amount of oily liquid in the slow cooker. If time is an issue, then you can easily skip this step. Your chili will still be delicious.
- I find that the amount of chili in this recipe is more than enough. However, if you like things really spicy, then I highly recommend that you increase the amount. Some people find two teaspoons works quite well.
- Simply halve the amount of time and cook on high if you want to have this turkey chili cooked faster.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!