Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Recipe
- Prep time: 30 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) turkey breast
- 4 potatoes, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- In a bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub this mixture into the turkey breast.
- Add the turkey breast to the slow cooker and surround with the vegetables. Lastly, pour over the chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the turkey and vegetables from the slow cooker and keep warm.
- Transfer the liquid to a pot and heat over a stove.
- Combine the cornstarch and water and pour it into the liquid in the pot.
- Cook on high heat for 5 minutes or until thick and gravy-like.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you need this meal faster, then you can turn the slow cooker to high and cook it for 3 hours instead.
- As I mentioned earlier, you can tweak the dry rub to make it more to your liking. For example, you can try adding some lemon rind for a bit more of a citrus flavor.
- Make sure your turkey is thawed if you’re using a frozen one.
- The vegetables can be left out if you want to cook them using a different method or slow cooker.
- I made use of a boneless turkey breast for this slow cooker recipe. However, you can use a bone-in cut if you want.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!