Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 125 ml (4.2 fl oz) chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) chicken thighs, cut into large chunks
- 400 ml (13.5 fl oz) unsweetened coconut cream
- In a slow cooker, add the peanut butter, ginger, garlic, chicken stock, soy sauce, curry paste, salt, brown sugar, and lime juice. Stir until combined.
- Add the chicken thigh to the slow cooker and submerge in the liquid.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Gently stir in the coconut cream and cook on low for an additional 1 hour.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- I use chicken thigh in this recipe as I find it cooks great in the slow cooker. However, other cuts such as chicken breast will work just as well.
- Use a mild curry paste if you do not want this dish too spicy.
- Coconut cream is best added towards the end of cooking to help prevent it from splitting. If split cream does not bother you, then feel free to add it at the start.
- You may want to reduce the amount of coconut cream if you prefer your curries thicker and with less sauce.
- For more flavor, try adjusting the quantity of Thai red curry paste. Personally, I prefer four tablespoons, but more or less might be better suited for your needs.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!