Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Tater Tot Casserole
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time: 6 Hours & 40 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) frozen tater tots
- 500 g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 250 g (8.8 oz) bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning (30g/1 oz)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Firstly, in a pan over high heat, fry the bacon until it is crispy. Once crispy, put to the side.
- In the same pan, fry the ground beef until browned. Once browned, drain and put to the side.
- In the slow cooker, add all the ingredients and mix.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can use a different type of cheese if you are not a huge fan of cheddar.
- To help avoid this casserole becoming too soupy, I highly recommend that you pre-cook the ground beef. The bacon can be added uncooked, but it will not crisp up in the slow cooker.
- You do not have to use crispy bacon, but it certainly does add to the texture and taste of the dish.
- Add more cheese if you can never get enough of it. Simply scatter another cup over the top of the casserole.
- You can always make taco seasoning from scratch if you cannot get your hands on some packet taco seasoning. All you need is a few key spices in your cupboard.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!