Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time: 6 Hours & 45 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1.5 kg (3.3 lb) sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 750 ml (25.4 fl oz) chicken stock
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) coconut cream
- Place the sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, cumin, and chicken stock into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Using a blender, blend the soup until it is smooth.
- Stir in the coconut cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes or until the soup is hot.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Do not stress about cutting the vegetables accurately as we will be blending the soup.
- Heating the coconut cream before adding it to the slow cooker will reduce the time it takes for the soup to reheat.
- If you are not a fan of coconut cream, then simply swap it for regular cream instead. Either option will work fantastic with the flavors of this soup.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!