Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
- Prep time 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time 8 Hours & 20 Minutes
- Serves 4-6
- 500g (1.1 lb) chicken thigh, cubed
- 440g (15.5 oz) can pineapple Pieces with unsweetened juice (Do not drain)
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled & sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ tsp ginger, chopped
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken, pineapple, onion, carrot, red bell pepper, ginger, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar. Mix until combined.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water. Once well combined, pour into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on high for a further 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You should not need to add any more salt to this dish as the soy usually provides enough. If you are unsure, just simply taste and adjust the seasoning before you go to serve.
- Increase the slow cooker to high and reduce the cooking time to four hours if you need this dish faster than usual.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!