Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Stuffing Recipe
- Prep time15 Minutes
- Cook time:4 Hours
- Total time4 Hours & 15 Minutes
- 125g (4.4 oz) butter, unsalted
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sage, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 500g (1.1 lb) stale white bread, cubed
- 700ml (23.6 fl oz) chicken stock
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a skillet pan over high heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the onion, garlic, celery, parsley, thyme, sage, oregano, salt, pepper, and cook until the onion is translucent.
- In a slow cooker, add the bread, and the vegetable herb mix.
- Slowly add in the chicken stock until the bread is moistened. Stir in the eggs.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Try to avoid adding too much liquid as the stuffing will end up very soupy. If you think you have added too much liquid, then try adding some more dry bread cubes to help soak up the liquid.
- For the best results, use dry or stale bread cubes. You can buy these at the store, or you can make them yourself. Either let the bread dry out or place it into an oven and cook until dry.
- I recommend using white bread, but other types of bread will work fine. You could even do a mixture of white and wholemeal.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!