Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time: 8 Hours & 20 Minutes
- Serves: 4-6
- 500 g (1.1 lb) ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp parsley, dried
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp basil, dried
- 350 ml (11.8 fl oz) beef stock
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 800 g (1.8 lb) crushed tomatoes (Canned)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- In a frypan over high heat, add the ground beef and cook until browned. Once browned, drain the excess fluid and transfer the beef to a slow cooker.
- Next, add the onion, bell peppers, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, oregano, basil, beef stock, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and cooked rice.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- I add the rice at the start of cooking to help thicken the liquid. However, if you prefer your soup to be more liquid and less grainy, you can add the rice fifteen minutes before serving.
- Ground beef is also known as beef mince or hamburger in some countries.
- You may need to season the soup generously but be careful not to go overboard with the salt and pepper. I recommend tasting it as you season so you can get it to the perfect taste.
- Other types of ground meat will work in this recipe. For example, ground pork, chicken, or even lamb will work nicely with the other flavors in this recipe.
- I recommend using cooked rice, as uncooked rice may turn the soup too thick. Ensure the cooked rice is fresh or has been stored correctly in the refrigerator before use.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!