Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Steak Pie Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time 8 Hours & 45 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1kg (2.2 lb) chuck beef, cubed
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 500ml (16.9 fl oz) beef stock
- Puff Pastry sheets
- Egg, beaten
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- In a frying pan over high heat, brown the chuck beef in batches. Once browned, place to the side.
- In a slow cooker, add the beef, onions, garlic, thyme, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, and the beef stock.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Mix into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper and turn off the heat.
- Add the steak pie filling to some prepared pie tins. Cover with puff pastry and brush with the egg wash.
- Bake in an oven at 200°C (390 °F) until golden brown.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- A cheap cut of beef is ideal as we will be cooking this steak pie filling for a long time in the slow cooker. By the time the dish is ready, the beef will be incredibly tender and packed full of flavor.
- You can add some vegetables to the beef mixture if you want to add more flavor and nutrition to the slow cooker pie filling. Carrots, peas, and celery are all great additions to this lovely slow cooker steak pie.
- Browning the beef is optional and can be skipped if you are running low on time.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!