Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 large pork chops
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 250ml (8.4 fl oz) chicken stock
- 125ml (4.2 fl oz) cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- In the slow cooker, add the pork chops, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, thyme, bay leaf, and chicken stock.
- Cook on low for six hours.
- Remove the pork chops from the slow cooker and place them to the side. Discard of the bay leaf.
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and cream into the liquid in the slow cooker.
- Return the pork chops to the slow cooker.
- Turn to high and cook for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you prefer, you can pan fry the pork chops before placing them into the slow cooker.
- The mustard can be left out of the recipe if you are not a fan.
- Flipping the pork chops halfway through cooking will ensure that both sides infuse with the sauce.
- Turn the slow cooker to the high setting and reduce the cooking time to three hours to speed this dish up.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!