Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time: 8 Hours & 45 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken breasts, onion, garlic, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and put it to the side.
- Combine the cornstarch and water to form a paste. Mix into the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken back into the slow cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the sauce.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top of the chicken.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- To ensure that this recipe is gluten-free, make sure you pick a gluten-free variety of soy sauce, ketchup, and cornstarch.
- Chicken breasts can easily be replaced with chicken thigh or a different cut of meat. Chicken thigh is a little more tolerant of overcooking, so if you’re worried about dry chicken, then consider using thigh.
- Ketchup can be swapped for tomato paste or sauce. It will alter the flavor slightly but still be super delicious.
- The cornstarch mixture is essential if you want a nice and thick sauce. If you don’t want to use cornstarch, consider using arrowroot instead.
- Vegetables can be added with the chicken, but keep in mind these will take on the flavor of the sauce. This can lead to everything tasting very similar.
- You can replace rice vinegar with a different vinegar such as apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, or even lemon juice. Keep in mind any replacement will likely impact the final flavor of the dish.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!