Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Sausages in Onion Gravy Recipe
- Prep time: 30 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time: 7 Hours
- Serves: 6
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) Italian beef sausages
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Quickly brown the sausages in a frypan over high heat.
- In a slow cooker, add the onions and place the sausages on top. Add the beef stock, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the sausages from the slow cooker.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until well combined. Once done, pour into the slow cooker, stir slightly, and season to taste.
- Add the sausages back to the slow cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- To ensure that this recipe is gluten-free, please check to see if your sausages, Worcestershire sauce, and cornstarch are free of gluten products.
- I highly recommend that you brown the sausages before adding them to the slow cooker. It helps reduce the amount of fat produced throughout slow cooking and will help the sausage keep a nicer texture. With that said, if you are low on time, you can skip this step.
- You can use a drop or two of Parisian essence to get a deep brown color to your gravy. This ingredient is readily available in Australia but might be harder to come by in other countries.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!