Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Sausage Casserole Slow Cooker Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time: 6 Hours & 40 Minutes
- Serves: 4-6
- 8 Italian sausages (Pork or beef will work best)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a frying pan, cook the sausages until they are golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly before cutting into thick slices.
- Add the butter, onion, garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the flour and stir in. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the beef stock and the Worcestershire sauce. Once done, transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the diced carrot, thyme, sausages, bay leaf, and peas to the slow cooker.
- Cook for 6 hours on low.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- A runny sauce can be thickened by using a bit of cornstarch. Simply mix one tablespoon of cornstarch to one and a half tablespoons of water, then mix this into the sauce. It should thicken up quite a bit. Repeat if you need to make it thicker.
- If you prefer the peas to be bright green, add these just before you go to serve the casserole. Adding the peas frozen will cool down the casserole, so turn the slow cooker to high for fifteen minutes to reheat it.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!