Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 500g (1.1 lb) smoked sausage, cut into 1cm (0.4 in) pieces
- 500g (1.1 lb) potatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
To ensure that this recipe is gluten-free, use a gluten-free cornstarch and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a slow cooker, add the smoked sausage, potatoes, onion, garlic, chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water until smooth. Stir into the slow cooker along with the heavy cream.
- Cook on high for 15-30 minutes or until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The type of sausage you use is entirely up to you. For example, both Polish (Kielbasa) and Italian sausages will work very well. Even the cheap supermarket sausages are delicious in this casserole.
- You can use any type of potato in this recipe, but I recommend using something like Yukon for the best results.
- If you have the need for cheese, then feel free to add it to this recipe. I recommend mixing it in at the same time as the cornstarch mixture.
- The herb that you use in this dish can easily be swapped for something else. I made use of parsley, but plenty of others, such as chives, will work just fine.
- Heavy cream is also known as thickened cream in Australia or whipping cream in the UK.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!