Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes Recipe
- Prep time15 Minutes
- Cook time:8 Hours
- Total time8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- 500g (1.1 lb) smoked sausage, cut into 1cm (0.4 in) pieces
- 500g (1.1 lb) potatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
To ensure that this recipe is gluten-free, use a gluten-free cornstarch and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a slow cooker, add the smoked sausage, potatoes, onion, garlic, chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce and parsley.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water until smooth. Stir into the slow cooker along with the heavy cream.
- Cook on high for 15-30 minutes or until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The type of sausage you use is entirely up to you. For example, both Polish (Kielbasa) and Italian sausages will work very well. Even the cheap supermarket sausages work well.
- You can use any type of potato in this recipe, but I recommend using something like Yukon for the best results.
- If you have the need for cheese, then feel free to add it to this recipe. I recommend mixing it in at the same time as the cornstarch mixture.
- The herb that you use in this dish can easily be swapped for something else. I made use of parsley, but plenty of others such as chives will work just fine.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!