Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Sausage and Cabbage Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 800g (1.8 lb) polish sausage, sliced into 1-2cm (0.5-1 inch) pieces
- 500g (1.1 lb) potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into chunks
- 250ml (8.5 fl oz) chicken stock
- In a slow cooker, add all the ingredients. Stir slightly.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Polish sausage is also known as kielbasa and should be readily available at your local supermarket or butcher.
- You can replace the chicken stock with beef stock or vegetable stock. Water is also an option, but I don’t recommend it.
- Any type of potato will work fine, but for the best results, try using Yukon gold potatoes.
- Try to find some polish sausage cheap as it can get quite expensive depending on where you live. Alternatively, you can use a different type of sausage such as Italian sausages.
- A medium head of cabbage is roughly nine hundred grams or thirty-two ounces. It doesn’t hugely matter if it’s a bit less or more.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!