Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Satay Chicken Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 500g (17.5 oz) chicken thigh, cubed
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thick slices
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, crushed
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Add all the ingredients into a slow cooker and mix slightly.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Season to taste.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can use any cut of chicken for this dish. With that said, I highly recommend that you use chicken thigh as it won’t dry out as much as chicken breast. Another option is to use chicken drumsticks.
- The chili flakes add a bit of depth to the dish but can be left out if you’re a bit sensitive to spicy food.
- If you find the sauce is a little too runny towards the end of cooking, you can either thicken it using more peanut butter or use a cornstarch mixture. For the cornstarch mixture, simply combine water and cornstarch until it forms a paste then mix into the sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!