Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Sago Plum Pudding Recipe
- Prep time6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Cook time:4 Hours
- Total time10 Hours & 15 Minutes
- 4 Tbsp sago
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 Tbsp raspberry jam
- 1 cup mixed fruit
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp hot water
To ensure that this sago plum pudding is gluten-free make sure you buy some gluten-free cornflakes.
- Soak the sago in the milk overnight in the fridge or for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Dissolve the bicarb soda in the butter and hot water.
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the ingredients into a greased pudding steamer and seal with the lid.
- Place the pudding steamer into the slow cooker and slightly fill with water. Roughly 5 cm (2 in).
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until the pudding is set.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you don’t have a pudding steamer you can use a ceramic bowl instead. Simply cover tightly with foil so that moisture will not get in.
- Feel free to change the type of jam that you use in the recipe. For example, an apricot jam will work just as well as raspberry jam.
- Tapioca pearls are an excellent substitution for sago if you're unable to get your hands on any.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!