Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time: 6 Hours & 45 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) chicken breasts
- 30 g (1.1 oz) ranch dressing seasoning
- 200 g (7.1 oz) mushrooms, diced
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) chicken stock
- 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- In a slow cooker, coat the chicken breasts with the ranch dressing seasoning.
- Add the chicken stock and mushrooms into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for six hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and place them to the side.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Stir the cornstarch mixture and cream into the sauce.
- Add the chicken breasts back into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can shred the chicken if you want the chicken coated by the ranch sauce as much as possible.
- Bacon bits are a great way of adding even more flavor to this recipe. However, be careful as they may make the sauce too salty. I love sprinkling them over the top as a garnish.
- Chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts.
- You may need to make ranch dressing seasoning from scratch if you cannot find it at your local store or online at places like Amazon.
- The mushrooms are optional but do add a fair bit of flavor.
- Chicken breasts are prone to drying out, so do not try to cook the meat for longer than the recommended times. The thickness of the chicken breast may also impact cooking times.
- You can reduce the cooking time to three hours by setting the slow cooker to the high setting.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!