Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Potato Soup Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp chives
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 l (1.1 qt) chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add the potatoes, leek, carrot, celery, garlic, chives, white wine and chicken stock to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Blitz the soup until it’s nice and smooth.
- Add the sour cream, cheese, and mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until nice and hot.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you prefer a chunky potato soup, then remove and blitz one-third of the mixture. Add this back into the rest of the soup to help thicken it.
- The soup should be nice and thick by the time you’re ready to serve. If it is too thick then add some more liquid. Alternative, if it is too thin, then thicken it using some cornstarch and water.
- There are many different varieties of potato. For this recipe, I used Yukon golds, but you can use any type. The soup might not be as nice with some varieties.
- Use a stick blender to blitz the soup in the slow cooker. It's a lot easier than having to transfer it to a food processor then back to the slow cooker.
- The sour cream can be replaced with just plain Greek yogurt or even heavy cream. For the best result, I highly recommend sticking to the sour cream.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!