Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Potato and Leek Soup Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 125 ml (4.2 fl oz) white wine
- 1 l (1.1 qt) chicken stock
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) cream
- Add the leeks, garlic, potatoes, bay leaf, white wine, and the chicken stock to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Puree the soup until it’s smooth.
- Stir in the cream.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes until hot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The wine can be left out of the recipe if you don’t like using it. You don’t need to substitute it with anything.
- Make sure you wash the leeks before adding them to the slow cooker. Leeks can have a lot of dirt in between the leaves. You will also want to discard the dark green leafier part of the leak.
- You can thicken the soup using a cornstarch and water mixture. Alternatively, you can make it runnier by adding a bit more cream or chicken stock.
- A stick blender is ideal for blending the soup as you don’t need to remove anything from the slow cooker.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!