Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Pork Belly Recipe
- Prep time 30 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Total time 6 Hours & 45 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 l (1 qt) water
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp chili flakes
To ensure that this recipe is gluten-free, double check the soy sauce is gluten-free.
- Add all the master stock ingredients into the slow cooker and stir slightly.
- Gently add the pork belly into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and allow it to drain. Pat the pork dry with some paper towel.
- Place the pork under a grill with the fat side up and cook until the top is crispy. Keep an eye on it as it will burn quickly.
- Meanwhile, in a pot, mix the glaze ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Once the top of the pork belly is crispy, slice into serving size pieces and pour the glaze over the top.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can freeze the master stock so that you can use it again in a future recipe. Make sure you remove any fat before freezing. It should last for roughly three months.
- Pan-frying is also an option if you don’t have a grill. Be careful as the pork tends to spit a lot when you fry it. Fry until the pork is golden brown and the fat has become crispy.
- For the best piece of pork belly, try sourcing it from your local butcher.
- Make sure you use a sharp knife for when you go to cut the pork. If it is blunt, then you could end up with some very deformed pieces of pork belly.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!