Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 10
- 2 kg (4.4 lb) chuck roast
- 1 cup beef stock
- 300ml (10 fl oz) French onion soup
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 120ml (4 fl oz) dark beer
- 10 Hoagie rolls, cut in halve
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 slices Provolone Cheese
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frypan over high heat.
- Once hot, add the beef and cook until browned, roughly 1-2 minutes on each side.
- In a slow cooker, add the beef, beef stock, French onion soup, Worcestershire sauce, dark beer, onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Slightly toast the hoagie rolls and then spread a bit of butter on each half.
- Using a sharp knife cut your beef thinly.
- Add the provolone cheese to the Hoagie roll, then top with some of the meat and veggies.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you love mushrooms, then don’t hesitate to add these to the slow cooker. I would slice them so you don’t end up with large chunks of mushrooms.
- Provolone cheese can be swapped for a different cheese. Swiss cheese is a great replacement, but any type of cheese will likely be tasty.
- If you can’t get your hands-on chuck beef, then any other tough cut of beef should be fine to use. This slow cooker Philly cheesesteak recipe is pretty versatile.
- You can easily make the French onion soup using some packet mixes. Using a packet is the easiest and quickest way to get this ready for cooking.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!