Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 4 Hours
- Total time: 4 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 500 g (1.1 lb) peach slices without any juice
- 50 g (1.8 oz) sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 60 g (2.1 oz) unsalted butter
- 200 g (7.1 oz) self-rising flour
- 100 g (3.5 oz) sugar
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a bowl, lightly toss the peach slices with the sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the self-rising flour, sugar, salt, and milk. Try to avoid any lumps.
- Next, in the slow cooker, add the butter and spread evenly.
- Add the coated peach slices.
- Evenly spread the cake batter mix over the top of the peach slices in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until the cobbler is cooked in the middle.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can use fresh, canned, or even frozen peaches in this recipe. Any of the three choices will leave you with an amazing tasting dessert.
- If you’re using canned fruit, then it’s best not to add the syrup. Adding the syrup will likely place too much fluid into the slow cooker, which will result in an extra soggy cobbler.
- You can add some chopped walnuts on top of the peaches to help provide a bit of crunch to this lovely dessert.
- Reducing the milk in the recipe will result in a less gooey and saucy cobbler.
- You can reduce the sugar in both the peaches and in the cake batter, I recommend doing this if you prefer your desserts less sweet. Reducing the cake mixture sugar by half and removing the sugar in the fruit will work nicely.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!