Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken Recipe
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 10 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 500 g (1.1 lb) chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- ½ cup sweet orange marmalade
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- In a slow cooker, mix together the garlic, ginger, sweet orange marmalade, BBQ sauce, and the teriyaki sauce. Mix until well combined.
- Mix in the cubed chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Roughly 15 minutes before you serve, mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste.
- Mix the cornstarch paste into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- You can add some red chili flakes for a bit of extra spice.
- Chicken can overcook if left in the slow cooker for too long. This overcooking results in dry chicken that is not very enjoyable. If this happens, try shredding the chicken, so it mixes with the sauce even more.
- If you need this dish faster, simply turn the slow cooker to the high setting and reduce the cooking time by half.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!