Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Oatmeal Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup raisins
- First, lightly spray or grease the slow cooker.
- Add the oats, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, brown sugar, and the raisins to the slow cooker. Gently mix until combined.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- Make sure you use steel-cut oats and not quick or rolled oats. This recommendation is because quick or rolled oats will cook too fast, and you’re likely to just end up with a gluey mess by the time you go to eat it.
- If you want your oatmeal to be a bit creamier, then you can try substituting one to two cups of the milk with cream instead.
- The milk can be substituted with water if you prefer to have lighter and less creamy oatmeal. It’s also a bit healthier.
- You can also substitute the milk for a dairy-free alternative such as almond milk or coconut milk. Keep in mind both of these will add a different flavor to the dish.
- If brown sugar isn’t your thing, then you can also substitute it for other sweeteners such as maple syrup, honey, or even just plain white sugar. You can also leave out the sweetener entirely. I sometimes like to drizzle some honey over the top of the finished oatmeal.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!