Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Mulled Wine Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour
- Total time 1 Hour & 15 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1.5L (1.5 qt) red wine
- 100g (3.5 oz) sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 5 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- In a slow cooker, add the red wine, sugar, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, cloves, star anise, orange zest, and the orange juice.
- Cook on low for 1 hour.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- To keep the mulled wine warm, turn the slow cooker to the keep warm setting. Alternatively, you can switch it between low and off to keep the wine warm.
- The type of red wine that you use should not be sweet. Try to something like a merlot or cabernet sauvignon.
- Don't hesitate to tweak the quantity of the spices to get the best-flavored drink for your taste buds.
- A non-alcoholic wine can be used in place of the red wine. Grape juice, ginger wine, cranberry juice are all excellent substitutions for red wine.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!