Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time 6 Hours & 45 Minutes
- Serves 4
- Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker except for the cornstarch and water.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Pour into the slow cooker and stir until combined.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes or until hot and thick.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- I recommend leaving the chili flakes out of the sauce if you don’t like even the littlest of spice in your food.
- You can swap the chicken thigh for chicken breast or even drumsticks. They will all go well with the Mongolian sauce.
- The carrots aren’t hugely important, so they can be left out. They do help add a bit of flavor to the sauce and add something extra to eat.
- Doubling the brown sugar is a great way to sweeten the sauce. I only recommend doing this if you have a bit of a sweet tooth.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!