Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast Recipe
- Prep time: 5 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time: 8 Hours & 5 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1-2 kg (2.2 - 4.4 lb) chuck beef roast
- 1 packet (30g/1 oz) ranch dressing
- 1 packet (30g/1 oz) au jus mix
- 4 Tbsp (100g/4 oz) unsalted butter
- 5-10 pepperoncini peppers (No juice)
- Firstly, in a frypan over high heat, quickly brown all the sides of the beef.
- Add the beef roast to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing and au jus mix over the top of the beef. Add the butter and pepperoncini peppers.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker and either slice or shred it.
- Add the beef back into the sauce.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The beef, along with the butter, will produce enough liquid for this dish to not dry out. You will get plenty of sauce to go with the finished meat. So, there is no need to add any extra fluid to the slow cooker.
- If you do not have any packet ranch dressing, you can make it from scratch at home. Alternatively, you can find it for sale at pretty much any reasonable supermarket or at an online store like Amazon.
- You can swap the au jus mix with onion soup mix or something similar. However, unlike the pepperoncini peppers, au jus mixture should be available at pretty much any reasonable supermarket.
- Extra seasoning should not be needed as the packet mixes should provide more than enough.
- Browning the meat is optional and can be skipped if you are running low on time.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!