Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour & 10 Minutes
- Total time 1 Hour & 20 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 & ½ cups macaroni (uncooked)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Add the macaroni, milk, evaporated milk, butter, mustard, salt and pepper into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 1 to 1 & 1/2 hours or until the pasta is cooked. Mixing halfway through will help stop the pasta from sticking together.
- Add the shredded cheese and mix until well combined.
- Serve & Enjoy
- I used just regular milk in this recipe, but you can use low fat if you would prefer.
- It’s crucial that you make sure you also cook on low as cooking on high will increase the chance for the milk to curdle or burn.
- As I mentioned above, some crispy bits of bacon will go amazingly on top of this mac n cheese once it has finished cooking. I also love to sprinkle some fresh chives over the top of the finished dish.
- If you want this dish to be a bit less saucy, then you can leave out about one cup of the regular milk. You might want to keep an eye on it so that you can make sure the cheesy sauce doesn’t go too thick.
- You don’t have to mix this dish halfway through, but it will help ensure that the pasta doesn’t stick together. This method will help improve the texture and taste of the finished dish.
- I have never found that cream, milk, or cheese-based meals reheat very well. They often split and aren’t as enjoyable so because of this I wouldn’t recommend keeping any of the leftovers unless you don’t mind it cold or mixing it with other ingredients.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!