Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time 6 Hours & 45 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1kg (2.2 lb) chicken thigh
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 250ml (8.4 fl oz) chicken stock
- 125ml (4.2 fl oz) white wine
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- In a slow cooker, mix the garlic, oregano, parsley, brown sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, chicken stock, and white wine.
- Add the chicken thigh and coat in the liquid.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until it’s like a paste.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker and stir until combined.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- The white wine adds more flavor but can be omitted if you don’t wish to use it.
- You’re able to use other cuts of chicken such as chicken breast or chicken drumsticks.
- I recommend using fresh lemon juice for the best results. However, bottled lemon juice will work fine if you can’t get your hands on any fresh lemons.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!