Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Lamb Rogan Josh Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 kg (2 lb) leg of lamb, cubed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, crushed
- 3 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. chili paste or powder
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. coriander, ground
- 2 tsp. cumin, ground
- 2 tsp. cardamom, ground
- 1/2 tsp. cloves, ground
- 1 tsp. turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 400g (14 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup plain yogurt or greek yogurt (to serve)
- In a pan over high heat, add the lamb and cook until slightly browned, once browned put to the side.
- In the same pan, add 1 Tbsp. oil, onion, garlic and ginger and cook until onion is translucent.
- Next, add the chili paste, tomato paste, coriander, cumin, cardamom, cloves, turmeric, garam masala and cook until fragrant.
- Add the curry paste, lamb, and the crushed tomatoes to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or 4 hours on high.
- Season to taste.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can bulk out this slow cooker lamb rogan josh recipe by adding some cubed potatoes, carrots or even some lentils. It’s up to you, but keep in mind it might change the overall texture and taste of the curry.
- Mixing the yogurt straight into the hot curry can cause the yogurt to split and not combine correctly. Heating the yogurt will help reduce the chance of it splitting.
- You’re able to skip the browning of the meat, the cooking of the curry paste and just throw everything into the slow cooker. However, you may find the curry will not turn out nearly as good and be missing that extra boost in flavor.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!