Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Korean Beef Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours & 30 Minutes
- Total time: 8 Hours & 45 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup beef stock
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) chuck beef, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- In a slow cooker, add the onion, garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, beef stock, brown sugar, and red chili flakes. Stir to combine.
- Add the beef and coat in the sauce.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until the beef is tender.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Pour into the slow cooker and mix into the sauce.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you are worried the soy sauce is too salty, then replace it with a low-sodium soy sauce.
- You may need to skim excess fat from the top of the sauce. I find using a deep spoon such as a ladle is best.
- The quantity of sugar can be increased if you like the sauce to be sweet. You can adjust it slightly just before you serve the dish.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!