Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Chicken Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 8 Hours
- Total time 8 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 8 (1kg/2 lb.) chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- In a slow cooker, add the garlic, ginger, balsamic vinegar, honey, thyme, rosemary, and mix.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker.
- Mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Stir into the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker, cook for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy
- You can cook some vegetables in the slow cooker, but they will take on the color of the sauce and sometimes end up less enjoyable than doing them separately.
- I recommend using chicken thigh, but you can use any cut of chicken that you would like.
- You’re able to skip adding the cornstarch paste, but you will find the sauce will likely be quite runny.
- You can use either fresh or dried herbs, both will work just fine, but if you have some fresh herbs, I recommend using those.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!