Back to Recipe Print Recipe Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Granola Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 2 Hours
- Total time 2 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves 6-8
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- Lightly grease a slow cooker with oil.
- Mix the rolled oats, nuts, cinnamon, and salt in the slow cooker.
- Stir in the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla until everything is well coated.
- Cook on high for 2 hours with the lid slightly askew. Stir every 30 minutes, so the granola is cooked evenly.
- Turn the slow cooker completely off and stir in the dates and cranberries.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- There are quite a few things that you’re able to change with this recipe to make it more to your liking. For example, you can change the fruit or the nuts in the recipe to something that you will prefer.
- Cooking with the lid entirely on will likely result in quite a soggy granola as it won’t allow moisture to escape. It should still cook to be fine; just expect it to be a bit moist.
- Make sure the slow cooker granola is completely cooled before you place it in an airtight container. If you store it hot, then it is likely to steam and go soggy. It may also develop mold due to the increase in moisture.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!