Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Fudge Recipe
- Prep time 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 1 Hour
- Total time 1 Hour & 15 Minutes
- Makes 30 Pieces
- 400g (14 oz) chocolate chips (Milk or dark chocolate)
- 400g (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 15g (0.5 oz) unsalted butter
- Prepare an 8X8 Pan by greasing and lining it with baking paper
- Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker to low and leave the lid off.
- Cook for one hour, stirring every 15-30 minutes.
- Once done, pour into the lined tin.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Once set cut into squares and enjoy!
- You should leave the lid off when you’re cooking the fudge as you don’t want any water or condensation to fall into the fudge mix. Any water can cause the fudge to split, go a weird consistency or go that horrible grainy texture.
- You’re able to use a combination of dark and milk chocolate if you want to mix it up a bit, I would merely go half and half.
- Using a hot knife will make cutting the fudge easy. You will get nice clean cuts while avoiding deforming the fudge. You may need to reheat the knife after every second cut.
- You can swap the vanilla essence out for something else such as an orange or mint extract. This extra will change the flavor of the fudge to something that you might like even more. Feel free to experiment with the many different types of flavorings out there. You could come up with something truly amazing.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!