Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole Recipe
- Prep time 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time 6 Hours & 10 Minutes
- Serves 6
- Loaf of bread (Roughly 12 slices of bread)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp nutmeg, ground
- Butter for greasing
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, white sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Grease the slow cooker with some butter.
- Layer the bread in the slow cooker.
- Pour the milk mixture over the bread, and the bread should be almost completely covered.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Serve & enjoy
- If the French toast is still looking very runny towards the end, then I recommend removing the lid. This method will help excess moisture evaporate and thicken up the casserole.
- Using cream instead of milk will result in a richer and heavier meal. This choice just comes down to personal preference. Personally, I prefer it with cream, but you also add to the overall fat content of the dish.
- You can do quite a few variations for making French toast in the slow cooker or crock-pot. One of my personal favorites is adding some chopped apple and spreading this between the layers of bread. This variation will result in soft chunks of apple throughout your French toast. Of course, you could just add about 1 cup of raisins to the egg mix instead.
- Another variation is to use fruit bread instead of white bread. This change will give you a fruity casserole that has all those wonderful spices that are in fruit bread.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!