Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Corn Chowder Recipe
- Prep time: 15 Minutes
- Cook time: 6 Hours
- Total time: 6 Hours & 15 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 500 g (1.1 lb) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 500 g (1.1 lb) diced ham or crispy bacon
- 500 g (1.1 lb) corn kernels
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 500 ml (16.9 fl oz) chicken stock
- 500 ml (16.9 fl oz) evaporated milk
- In a slow cooker, add the potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, ham, corn kernels, parsley, thyme, and the chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 Tbsp of the evaporated milk with the cornstarch.
- Mix the cornstarch into the slow cooker. Once mixed in, stir in the rest of the evaporated milk.
- Cook for a further 15-30 minutes until heated and slightly thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve & Enjoy
- It is important not to add the evaporated milk at the start of cooking as dairy sometimes curdles after being heated for a long time.
- You can cook this dish on high for three to four hours if you need it faster.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!