Back to Recipe Print Recipe
Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- Prep time: 20 Minutes
- Cook time: 4 Hours
- Total time: 4 Hours & 20 Minutes
- Serves: 8
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
Chocolate "Lava" Sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups boiling water
- Lightly grease the slow cooker with butter or oil.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the melted butter, vanilla, and milk.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into the slow cooker.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar and cocoa powder. Sprinkle this mixture over the cake mixture.
- Gently pour the boiling water over the top.
- Place the lid on and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the cake is cooked.
- Serve & Enjoy.
- If you want to make this even richer in chocolate, then try adding about one cup of chocolate chips to the pudding mix. You will get gooey bits of chocolate in the pudding as well as that delicious chocolate sauce.
- Pouring the boiling water onto the back of a spoon can help prevent the water from digging up your cake mixture in step seven.
Did you make this recipe?
We want to see! Tag @slowcookingperfected
on Instagram or use the hashtag #slowcookingperfected
so we can find you!